What is a tyre?
It is a vessel for the air that carries the load and gives contact with the road surface.
Functions of a Pneumatic Tyre
- Carries the load
- Cushion the Cargo
- Provide ride camfort
- Absorb shock
- Provide tread wear resistance qualities
- Provide necessary traction and braking force
- Transmit steering and braking forces to the road surface
- Supply cornering and road handling ability
- Provide fuel consumption efficiency
Advantages of a radial tyre
- Weighs less and increase fuel efficiency
- Cheaper to maintain
- On truck tyres no lock rings required
Speed rating Symbols
A speed symbol indicates the speed at which the tyre can carry a load corresponding to its load index under manufacturer’s specified conditions.
|Speed Symbol||G||J||K||L||M||N||O||P||Q||R||S||T||U||V||W||Y||Speed km/hr||90||100||110||120||130||140||150||160||170||180||190||200||210||240||270||300|